June is nationally recognized as Adopt-A-Shelter Cat Month. As kittens are inundating shelters around the nation, Adopt-A-Shelter Cat Month brings the focus on adult cats still waiting for new homes.
To celebrate Adopt-A-Shelter Cat Month, Santa Barbara County Animal Services has teamed up with the Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society, Santa Barbara Humane Society, and ASAP Cats to bring $10 cat adoptions on all cats 6 months and older.
Throughout June, all cat adoptions, which include vaccinations, spay or neuter, a health check, and a complimentary bag of food, are discounted to $10, a $75 savings. Microchips are included in this adoption price.
There are benefits to adopting an adult cat from the shelter. Adult felines have established their personalities and the Human Society can help find the best match for people looking for pets.
People adopting adult cats are also making a difference because adult cats often get overlooked during kitten season and can suffer stress-related illnesses living long periods in a shelter.
Felines are available at the following Santa Barbara County Animal Services’ Shelter or Humane Society locations:
• Santa Maria Animal Center, 548 W. Foster Road, Santa Maria
• Lompoc Adoption Center, 1501 W. Central Ave., Lompoc
• ASAP Cats, 5473 Overpass Road, Santa Barbara
• Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society, 111 Commerce Drive, Buellton
• Santa Barbara Humane Society, 5399 Overpass Road, Santa Barbara