The Santa Barbara Public Library System will participate in National Voter Registration Day, a non-partisan voter registration drive on Tuesday, Sept. 26. Volunteers will be available to assist individuals with the registration process in an effort to ensure every eligible voter has an opportunity to register and vote in the 2017 election.
Anyone who wants to register to vote, pre-register to vote or update their name or address on their voter registration may do so at the following locations and times:
- Buellton Library, 140 West Highway 246, Buellton, CA, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Carpinteria Library, 5141 Carpinteria Ave, Carpinteria, CA, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Central Library, 40 East Anapamu, Santa Barbara, CA, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Eastside Library, 1102 East Montecito St, Santa Barbara, CA, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Goleta Library, 500 North Fairview Ave, Goleta, CA 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Montecito Library, 1496 East Valley Rd, Montecito, CA, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Solvang Library, 1745 Mission Drive, Solvang, CA, 10 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Individuals may also register to vote online at any time: http://registertovote.ca.gov/
About National Voter Registration Day
National Voter Registration Day is celebrated on the fourth Tuesday of every September by thousands of volunteers, celebrities, organizations, businesses and elected officials from all over the country. This single day of coordinated grassroots, digital and media efforts is aimed at creating a pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities – reaching hundreds of thousands of new voters who would not register otherwise.
For more details about the National Voter Registration Day movement, visit http://www.nationalvoterregistrationday.org/, Facebook page (www.facebook.com/voterregistrationday) or follow the #VoterRegistrationDay hashtag on Twitter and Instagram.
Information about Santa Barbara Public Library System locations, hours, events, and programs is available at SBPLibrary.org. All Library programs are free and open to the public.