Dear Library Community:
So much has happened since we have had to close the libraries in March! We really miss seeing you, our library patrons, and hope you are staying well. We don’t know yet when the libraries can re-open. Please know that the we are still here for you, and there are many library services you can access online. If you have any questions about how to download Ebooks or Audiobooks, or have any other reference needs, please ask us! Note that GVL will soon start up a one-one one Online Technology Tutoring service.
HOW TO REACH SYV LIBRARY STAFF: Email either Buelltonlibrary@
cityofgoleta.org or Solvanglibrary@ cityofgoleta.org
ONLINE LIBRARY PROGRAMS: More information at GoletavalleyLibrary.org, highlights below:
– Check out the Buellton, Solvang, and Goleta Valley Library Facebook pages for how to videos, and some great recorded storytimes from Miss Hilary in Buellton, children’s feltboards from Mr. Zack in Solvang, and recorded storytimes from the Goleta librarians!
– Goleta Valley Library is starting a LIVE Facebook Wiggily storytime on Tuesday mornings at 10:15 am.
– Solvang Library is starting a LIVE Preschool/Wiggily interactive storytime via GoToMeeting, beginning Wednesday May 6 at 10:30 am. REGISTER with us to get the link!
– Buellton Writer’s Group will meet online Saturday May 9 from 12:30-2 pm REGISTER to get the link!
– Investors’ Roundtable will have a virtual meeting on Saturday May 9 at 3:00 pm. Topic is “Low Cost Investing” REGISTER to get the link!
– Performer Darci Tucker will bring her “REVOLUTIONARY WOMEN” to us via Zoom on Wednesday May 13. Again, REGISTER to get the link to join. (.pdf flyer attached)
– NEXT WEEK, April 27-May 1, at 4 .m. each day, AFTERNOON STORIES for Everyone will debut. Join me for a serial reading of The Bat-Poet, by Randall Jarrell, with pictures by Maurice Sendak. REGISTER for the link to join! (.pdf flyer attached.)
Healthy wishes to all of you from the staff at Solvang, Buellton, Los Olivos and Santa Ynez Libraries!
– Carey McKinnon/Solvang Library, and Hilary Johnson/Buellton library