Cottage Health announced its 2020 Physicians of the Year Awards, which recognize and reward physicians on the medical staff for exemplary performance.
Every year, Cottage Health staff members submit nominations to the Physicians Reward and Recognition Team. Award honorees are selected based upon the most nominations in four criteria: dedication to the profession and patients, respect and courtesy, collaborative practices, and efficient use of resources.
“Our award winners have distinguished themselves by earning the highest nominations from Cottage staff for their outstanding work during this extremely challenging year for health care,” said Dr. Ed Wroblewski, vice president of medical affairs and chief medical officer at Cottage Health. “We congratulate and thank them for caring for our patients and the community.”
Recipients of the Cottage Health Physicians of the Year Awards for 2020:
- Dr. Lori Brown: Pediatrics, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, appointed 1998
- Dr. David Fisk: Internal medicine/infectious diseases, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, appointed 2006
- Dr. Lynn Fitzgibbons: Internal medicine/infectious diseases, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, appointed 2014
- Dr. Daniel Litten: Internal medicine/hospitalist, Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, appointed 2005
- Dr. Thomas Watson: Cardiovascular services, Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, appointed 2014