Pet owners may have a few chances remaining to take part in the “Dog Days of August,” a month-long spay/neuter promotion offered by the Responsible Pet Ownership Alliance this month.
The promotion provides Santa Barbara County dog owners an opportunity to have their dogs spayed or neutered, vaccinated for rabies, microchipped, and get a Santa Barbara County dog license just $80 – a savings of more than $500. A one-month supply of flea medication and an e-collar is also included.
“Dog Days of August” started Aug. 1 and appointments were expected to fill up fast. Dog owners can see if an appointment remains available by calling one of the following organizations:
- SB County Animal Services, Santa Maria Animal Center, 805-934-6968
- Santa Barbara Humane Society, 805-964-4777
- Santa Maria Valley Humane Society, 805-349-3435
- Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society, 805-688-8224
- The Responsible Pet Ownership Alliance is a collaboration between Santa Barbara County Animal Services, Santa Barbara Humane Society, Santa Maria Valley Humane Society, Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society, C.A.R.E. 4Paws, VIVA, and the Santa Barbara County Animal Care Foundation.
For more information, contact the Project PetSafe Team at info@ProjectPetSafe.org or 805.934.6968.