The Solvang Rotary Club honored seven local construction projects at its annual Santa Ynez Valley Beautification Award Program on Feb. 27 at the Alisal River Grill.
This event recognizes Valley residences, commercial and public properties that have been built, remodeled or renovated and finished in 2017.
Rotarians said it was difficult to make a selection from the large number of nominees, but seven projects were honored representing Solvang, Los Olivos and Buellton.
- Representing Solvang: Leonardo’s Ristorante and Pizzaria, best new restaurant construction.
- Solvang Alisal Cottages: Best new commercial residences
- Representing Los Olivos: Mattei’s Tavern, best historical renovation
- Palladino Residence: Best new residential construction
- Representing Buellton: Flying Flags RV Park & Resort, best commercial park improvement
- Sideways Inn: Best hotel remodel
- Buellton City Hall: Best public landscaping
Owners, managers and representatives from each of the properties had a chance to speak about their journeys through their projects with PowerPoint presentations showing before, during and after photos. They also enthusiastically credited the architects, contractors and craftsmen that made their projects winners.
The Solvang Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at 7:15 a.m. at the Alisal Grill, and guests are always welcome. For more information, go to www.solvangrotary.com.